wom

wom

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Russia: Melnitsa,Ustinova & Myzza

Russia produces music in all styles and one blog wouldn´t be enough to even show the bests. For me personally I have found some amazing voices, melodies and so will you shortly. I think you all will enjoy with the chosen videos.

Group Melnitsa (Mill) is an folk-rockgroup from Moscow. They started 1999. Couple of days ago this video was added to youtube and I was both surprised and had the dejavu-feeling until I noticed, that this song/text is Vladimir Vysotski´s. I am not that keen for cover-versions, but this is good one. Done with the most simple way and the dramatic remained, which the lyrics needs. Their website melnitsa.net           Melnitsa - ballada i bor´be 


Oksana Ustinova, born 1984, comes also from Moscow and her song melancholy. Released couple of days ago and this song catched my interest. Video is beautiful, done with the most simplicity and indeed less is more. She is tvhost and artist and as video gives hints you´ll learn one of her passions, yoga. ustinova.tv


Valeria Zakharova alias Myzza released couple of days ago this video. The melody is beautiful and catchy enough to be in my playlist. Artist has the vocalscale amazing 4,5 octavs, which quarantees that she is an real diva on stage.This song "odno celoe/ one size"  Myzza wears the weddingdress of her mother as she thought this suits this nostalgic song and indeed big bow :)  The lyrics are romantic as you might quess " Like the bright ray of sunshine brings the summer indoors which melts the snow on the otherside of window.I always know where you are and you know where I am" goes the chorus in free translation. www.myzza.me


No comments:

Post a Comment