wom

wom

Monday 21 April 2014

Somalia: K´naan


K´naan, Keynaan Cabdi Warsame born 1978 in Mogadishu, Somalia. He is now living in Ottawa, Canada. He has released 6 albums what I know of since the debut in 2001. The big break-thru or megahit came via the Coca-Cola commercial "wavin flag" couple of years back, but I would give him more credit. He and his family had to escape the civilwar in 1991.
Some artists get everything by the blood and this was also the case with K´naan. His aunt was an famous singer Magool and his grandfather Haji Mohameed was famous poet. His wikipedia page tells how the name "keynaan" means traveller in somali-language and that name suits him perfectly. K´naan has travelled a lot by touring around and also lived in three countries Somalia,Us and Canada.

It was difficult to choose the suitable track from him and in the end I came up with this song: "hurt me tomorrow"         You might like to visit his website

 

I liked the song quite a lot and this song would have been very useful couple of years ago and I could easily recall how I felted back then. And maybe you love the song and play it again, then count how many artists he mentions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment