wom

wom

Sunday 16 March 2014

Czech Republic : Elis Mrázová


Once upon a time I received a package from my penpal in 1980 and there was my first foreign Lp by Helena Vondrackova. Since that moment I adored the language and since then I have followed what´s going on there. What I find is amazing vocals most of the times and so you will also be surprised I am sure of that.

Eliska Mrázová,born 1995 and uses the nickname Elis as artistname. She is both singer and composer. She received 2nd place in Golden Lute festival 2011 with "depressing Valentine´s" and started to get the attention. 2013 she reached 3rd place in anglo-american chart Beat 100 with the song "posledni psani" /letter to mother which tells an story of an girl writing an letter to her mother from concentration camp ( very touching I could add) 

This year she reached 2nd place with the "Shubidu". I find the song very positive,happy and catchy.  She tells how the song was born" After she did leave an empty sheet of paper to her teacher she walked home and there came this melody. In life many things can come and it´s still best to look at things objectively and maintain happy" Well said. This happy positive tune is so catchy, that you will be singing along and you will definately be having it in your mind for hours if not days :)


She is amazing young artist in my eyes. Her debut album "shubidu" came out last year. And she will be soon back again in this blog - a promise :) You may visit her website http://www.elismusic.cz/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment