wom

wom

Saturday 29 March 2014

Sweden; Kent

Kent is maybe the biggest rockband in Sweden. They have been practically dominating charts in Nordic countries since 1990. They have released 15 albums.
Band is touring a lot in Nordic countries. Each new release will be rising to the top of the charts and so did happen also this time with the song "La belle epoque", which is 2nd in swedish charts right now being also the highest new entry in top100 list.

Now there is a fuzz over the song and mainly on the lyrics, which are not the slightest typical Kent. That has caused frustration among some fans, whom doesn´t want to believe and some whom refuse to listen this. Then there is others whom find the lyrics bit offensive.

 I think that Kent has the point thus Kent uses the bit provocative way to get the message out. Things they point out in text ain´t after all that strange, but quite so there is just a few whom will understand it directly. Musically speaking I think that this is one of the best Kent songs ever, lyrics I would have written once more again and make it perhaps few lines especially.

                 
An rough translation here :
I´m the hand that holds the flag, I´m the picket pocketer in central station
I´m the bomb at terminals in a bag, that´s been left behind
I´m the first cold rain, I´m the frost where nothing grows
I´m the half year of darkness in a country, that God has forgotten
I´m the teargas in the purse  I´m in the Rave commission
in the xenophobic policy
I´m the suicide statistics I´m the rural areas of Rohypnolen
I´m the jealousy in alcohol  I´m the judgement of fast sms-loans

chorus: Everyone for everyone and each one for each one
            that´s how we start again
I´m the fog in memorial garden, wind on the bridge over the strait
I´m the unthinkable neighbour, damn finns, norwegians and danes
I´m the knife in inner pocket I´m all the weapons that we´ve imported
I´m the soldiers in the village, I´m the mines
I´m not voting anymore in elections, I´m the Melodifestivalen ( =swedish national final for eurovision)
I´m those whom go towards the wall, I´m those whom go thru the window
I´m living in the biggest city, I´m donating money for  Save the children
and my pc is full of pictures which never should have been taken

I´m the hand that rocks the cradle, I´m the state and the capital
I´m the safety manual, anonymous comments
I´m the bullying online, I´m the Big Mac you´re eating
I´m the Mosques and Cathedrals , I´m the Bible and the Quran.

chorus .....

No comments:

Post a Comment