wom

wom

Monday 17 March 2014

New Zealand : Benny Tipene

New Zealand and what comes to mind. For me it means the Kiri Te Kanawa. This superb diva of opera-stages. No need to ask, if I have her cds :)

From New Zealand we get lots of kiwis, but not that often popsensation. Now we have in our charts everywhere Lorde and that´s why I am not covering about her.

From charts I find from 1st place Benjamin Tipene,born 1990 in Auckland. He uses Benny Tipene as the artistname, which is clever in my opinion :) He took part in X-factor 2013 and came 3rd. Is singer,musician and quitarist. Styles more indie,pop if not even folk. Released 1st album "toulouse" which is now 4th while the single "make you mine" is nr1 and that´s what you´ll see. He doesn´t have a website yet.


 

This is very happy tune and catchy. All I would change is the ending, but over all this is nice popsong, honest one without any tricks or effects. Less is sometimes more and it works in my opinion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment